d i s c l o s u r e


Spent Memorial Day Weekend at Sasquatch Music Festival in Washington. My festival season has been wonderful this year - Coachella, Bottle Rock, and Sasquatch - all in the span of one month. Coachella sucked, although it was a fun little adventure to decide on the day before. Bottle Rock was fantastic; a must for anyone who loves wine, food, and rock as much as I. Sasquatch was the undoubtably the peak though. Sigur Ros, the xx, Alt-J, Grimes, Tame Impala, Toro y Moi, Wild Belle, Mumford & Sons ... &, most notably, Disclosure. 

Admittedly, I'd have to say I enjoyed the xx more than any other performance. I have never been much of a fan of theirs, and I'm still not sure if I am, but their live performance was beyond anything I have ever seen. There is certainly an art to performing that exists beyond the music, and they've got it, whatever it is. Oh, and when Jamie xx started to play Far Nearer, I just about died.

Disclosure, though. The thing about me and festivals that I typically make the decision to attend simply based on the presence of one artist. This year, Disclosure was the artist. Male duo from the UK, their music captures that divine balance between funk and chillwave. In simple terms, the performance did not disappoint. 

take a listen
personal favorites: 1 & 2