Sourcebook // Skin Care


I've had issues with my skin for many years, battling acne, dry skin, and everything in between. Consequently, I have been somewhat of a product junkie over the years, trying every product I can get my hands on. It wasn't until recently that I decided to get rid of everything and start over with wholesome, organic skin care without all the crazy chemicals. Since then, my skin has transformed. Here are a few of my go-to's. 

Beauty Counter's signature cleanser is made with coconut oil, witch hazel, aloe, and botanical extracts like green tea and lavender.  It is incredibly gentle and soothing but still manages to remove any trace of makeup. This is a great daily cleanser.

This is my go-to product for a deeper cleanse. It's an oil so it's a bit interesting to get used to as a cleaner, but if you rub it on your face and use a hot towel to remove it, your skin will be clean, exfoliated, and softened. It's a miracle product, and probably the one that has changed my skin the most dramatically. 

I pretty much use this for everything. It's a skin salve made with essential oils, geranium, vetiver, and beeswax. I carry this in my purse and use it for chapped lips, dry skin, and even as an eye cream. The geranium oil fades scarring, vetiver promotes healing, and beeswax heals the skin. I can't get enough of this stuff.

The hunt for the perfect moisturizer was probably the longest and the most grueling. To find a moisturizer that works as both a night cream and a day cream is not easy. They are usually either too thick or too thin. This cream works perfectly as both. It debuted in 1950 in France and has become a cult-classic, for good reason. I will never not have this product in my cabinet. 

This is my go-to for body lotion. It smells incredible, it's not sticky, and it works. I keep 5 bottles of this around at a time and use it in the morning and at night.

I pretty much use coconut oil for everything - shaving my legs, infusing lotion with it, cleansing my face, healing cuts. It's a cure all and it smells like heaven. I like Dr. Bronners.

When I need to exfoliate my skin or my face, I use Fresh's Sugar Face Polish. It's made with brown sugar and strawberry seeds. It's gentle but works wonders, and obviously smells amazing. 

This is my guilty pleasure product. For years, I was obsessed with being tan and used the sun to keep myself bronzed. I am already dealing with fixing the sun damage that caused, so I've sworn myself off the Maui Babe. I still love a good glow though, so I use Dennis Gross Beta pads for body and face (sold separately). They give my skin a nice color within a few hours and there is no gross peeling process like there is with spray tans or other tanning formulas I've tried. It's pricey, but well worth it. Side note: These are definitely chemical-heavy products. Side note: These products are fairly chemical heavy. 

I can't get enough of this body wash. It is gentle on my skin and it smells like heaven. 





No comments: